Monday, 21 February 2011

Unveiling.


I don't really know why I feel this is so important that it warrants a post about it but - I've changed my profile picture. There are a few reasons for this:


1. The previous photo is about two and a half years old so essentially irrelevant.
2. I like the new photo better.

I also feel like there's some explaining to do:

1. The eyes are blocked out in true 'London Preppy' style more for my own peace of mind than anything else. It's not as if someone who knew me and looked closely at the photo wouldn't be able to put two and two together.
2. The pose is bordering on cringe-worthy which is why I like it.
3. It was taken just before I left for France last August and my appearance has changed slightly since then. Namely I now have a middle-lip piercing (had that done over here on a bit of a whim) and more facial hair (largely because I'm too lazy to shave).

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Pretty much exactly what I expected; although to be fair, I expected the lip ring long ago, ha! Oh to be back in undergrad uni. I miss my tongue ring.

Glad to see you're back to posting semi-regularly buddy. Try not to throw up on your shoes: always a bitch to clean up. Much better to throw up on his side of the bed :)

CATC said...

Haha. Hmm, I think I'd rather get hate mail than be predictable.

Aww cheers. I throw up in inappropriate places far too often so I'll bear that in mind!

Doomed But Cheerful! said...

1. Lovely profile pic thing. You haven't gone for the whole 'social networking I'll hold the phone up in the air and look up to hide my double chin' thing - so NOT completely cringe-worthy.

2. Best place / least appropriate place I saw for throwing up was in an Italian guy's calf-leather man bag. I bet that was a bitch to clean!

3. Lip rings / studs: I wept when my friend came home with two of the things. At least they healed up when he got rid of them. The tunnels in his ears took surgery to fix (don't even go there!).

4. Facial hair - going for the Wolverine look?!

Have a wonderful day. G =]

CATC said...

Haha. I love my piercing and have wanted one done ever since Avril Lavigne's Sk8er Boi video (sad). If I can't do it now, when can I?

I myself wouldn't stretch my ears but I think it can look okay on guys up to a limit.

Wolverine ain't got nothing on me right now! I think I might ban myself from leaving my room until I put effort into looking presentable.